Saturday 20 February 2010

Old Poetry

This is not even close to how lyrical it is in greek

The waves came by me at night
And drew with lyrics two stars in me
I remember giving my hand to thee
Because you didn’t forget the light
When your joy was torn apart
After doves had ripped your heart
For you knew you hadn’t yet lost
That with your friends you'd haunt away the ghosts
And millions of summers were to be spent on the sand
Your enemies’ knives were out of hand
(Covered are now with rust)
And the guns they used to hide are left to dust.

At morning I was awaken by the song of the sea
Before the raindrops dry, mixed with tears
For the first time, I could really see
And my inner child told me all her fears
The thing that kept her up al night,
(When unseen beasts gave her a fright)
Never to leave her alone in a storm
In eternity, to keep her warm
And I realized my heart had won
I said to her “Don’t worry… Don’t”
The child would ask for fairy tales for long.

I told her I would always tell her stories
About dragons, fairies, knights and birds
To make her first thoughts to be the very best
Even if later the truth hurts
I told her that she’ll never be in pain
That I’ll give her, her best boots to wear in the rain
Every bad dream is taken by the stream.
Now when she dreams she doesn’t want to awake.
Beautiful will always be her lifelong wake.

Athena Leonti ©2002-2010

Song of today:

No comments:

Post a Comment