Tuesday 2 February 2010

Songs that made me cry part 1


 There's not a lot of things to say about this one.  The lyrics alone are heartbreaking, not to mention the version where Jon sings it for Criss. "...Knowing what we know could we let it go realizing that all the years are used..."
(And I'd like to mention here that this is but one of the many  Savatage songs that make me cry. and so as to avoid becoming tiring I will only mention by name: "Believe"-which is my favourite song ever-, "Silk& Steel", "Heal my soul", "St. Patrick's", "A little too far", When the crowds are gone")

I've, thank God, never had a miscarriage. This song though speaks to my heart and I think it manages to make me feel like Daniel and his wife felt. So painful and beautiful and real. "I never saw your face and now you're gone without a trace, except the trace of blood that's deeply scarred into my eyes to fill your place. It'll never be the same but I will love you just the same I was prepared to be your father How can I ever prepare for that again?"
(Again this is one of many PoS songs that have me bawling. Others: "Iter Impius", "Vocari Dei", "Undertow", "Ashes", "TPE", "Oblivion Ocean", "Chainsling")

When I dated my husband we lived around 400km apart from each other. That is a lot of km to travel (back and forth) every week and have to be ready for school or work so this song meant so much. And still means. "How I wish, how I wish you were here..."

See above. Plus our first date was during a concert so this song kind of became our song :3 "I wish this night could last forever, but it's time to go..."

I like feeling like the damsel in distress once in a while. Sue me 
"Say you love me every waking moment, turn my head with talk of summertime . . . Say you need me with you, now and always..."

That's all for now. I can't remember any more :D

 


No comments:

Post a Comment